Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] personblurb in address?

Hi Nancy,

I looked at othercredit as well, but the enumerations of the class
attribute make more difficult to generalize and I'd rather not use role
unless absolutely necessary.

The author and editor tags are very specific, while person is much more
general. Perhaps an employee directory would be better handled with the
vCard standard, but since all of my client's other docs will be
standardizing on DocBook, it would be nice to use familiar tag sets and
structures.

This may, indeed, be out of scope. However, I would also like to see
this element added to provide additional flexibility for DocBook. The
periodical RFE was narrowing the scope of use, not adding
generalization/flexibility.

I'm not going to die on the sword for this one, as othercredit could
indeed be made to work, but I'm also afraid that the use I described
would actually be abusing the tag a bit. It also feels a little kludgy.

Best regards,

--Scott

--

[...]

/Want a signature like this?/ <http://www.plaxo.com/signature>