Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] proposal: add relatedlink element to topic

"Rowland, Larry" <larry.rowland@hp.com> writes:
> I guess it is a usability issue.  I find that indexterms are
> much more robust than keywords in our content because they are
> embedded in the content they represent rather than remotely
> located from it.  Adjacency is a strong principal in interface
> design and general human factors.

I suppose. I don't think there's a compelling argument to forbid them
From occurring inline, it's a question of model design.

I'm still waiting for someone to provide some concrete examples of
where/how a relatedlink element would be used. I don't have a good
sense of the processing expectations. Are they sorted, collated, are
duplicates coalesced?

I'm not entirely comfortable with a model that says these elements
might or might not resolve and that that might or might not be a
problem.

How are relatedlinks in a document related to (no pun intended) the
relatedlinks section in an assembly file?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Words--so innocent and powerless
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | they are, as standing in a
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | dictionary, how potent for good