Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] fonts.

On 7 December 2010 11:17, Nancy Harrison <nancylph@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> For the braille parts themselves, the phrase markup as you mention it seems
> like a good idea.
>
> For the surrounding text, I'd recommend enclosing each combination of
> standard English/Braille transcription within an InformalExample element. I
> didn't see any completely inline usage of Braille, so that should work.

Not sure they are all examples, but the logic is sound.
The wrappers are less of an issue, I wanted to find a way
of marking 'font' changes from text to simbraille | Ux2800 range,
which ever they choose.

> Otherwise, I found it a bit confusing to distinguish them in the Word
> document (even though I read some Braille).  Then you could use whatever
> enclosing tagging you need (e.g. para, InformalTable, SegmentedList,
> SimpleList,  etc.) within the InformalExample to contain the Braille phrases

Too true!
   The 'markup' in the word document is .... as it occurs I think.
  The styling has been picked up by one editor from the previous
   one.
No real consistency.

Thanks Nancy.

--