OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 February 2013

[I thought I had posted these Feb minutes, but apparently not, so here they are.]

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 February 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 at
1:00pm ET for 60 minutes.

1. Roll call

Present: Loren Cahlander, Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek
Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Absent: Nancy Harrison,

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 20 March 2013

4. Review of the agenda.

Added 8b item about nested links.

5. Review of open action items

 a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

 b.  Norm to follow up on OASIS mirroring the schema directory.

 c.  Bob to research how we decided to handle schema extensions.

 d.  Bob to send the proposed slides schema to the TC.

 e.  Larry to try mapping slides to assembly.

 f.  Scott to review Norm's schema update for CALS tables to make sure
     it meets the requirements for accessibility.

 g.  Bob to look at XInclude 1.1 draft to see if it meets our needs.

 h.  Norm to clarify bridgehead entry in TDG to indicate
     that bridgeheads are not numbered like sections.

6.  OASIS website issues


7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Scott has nearly finished the draft spec that will be discussed
at the next Publisher's Subcommittee meeting.
The ELearning Subcommittee is on hold until more members
can be recruited.

8.  Transclusion in DocBook

The XInclude 1.1 spec has not received any other comments
so far. The XProc processor handles the new spec.
Norm will ask Mike Kay to implement it in Saxon.

8b.  Nested links.

It was pointed out that the link element permits nested
link elements in DocBook 5.  There was language in The Definitive
Guide for DocBook 4 that nested links were not permitted, but
that language is gone in DocBook 5.  It was pointed out
that now we have universal linking, so there are many
opportunities for nested linking.  Preventing that with
the schema would be very difficult.  The Committee still feels
that nested links are not a good idea.

ACTION: Norm to update The Definitive Guide that the
behavior of nested links is undefined by the standard.

ACTION: Norm to prevent link nested within link in DocBook 5.1.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

The table accessibility issue about rowheader may not be
settled.  Scott will pursue further, and we can change it
in a later candidate release.

ACTION: Norm to produce a DocBook 5.1 candidate release.

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   RFEs to revisit for 6.0
     1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion
     2820947  Ability to transclude text
     3035565  Allow sections at any level
     3156768  <result> tag

ACTION: Bob to research the TC minutes on the status of this item.

     3491860   license tag

Not clear if legalnotice with a role attribute would suffice here.

ACTION: Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860.

     3593209   Add see/seealso under

Scott will discuss this item with the Publisher's Subcommittee.
Dick suggested they also discuss other ways to improve

     3599576   'info' wrapper element for processing titlepage elements

Dick had responded to the submittor by email, but had not
received any further response.

ACTION: Dick to investigate status of RFE 3599576.


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201301/msg00007.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]