Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Proposal to reorganize branches in the DocBook repository

Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@servicenow.com> writes:
> Do we have control over the naming? I've seen a lot of discussions in
> industry lately about changing the names of master/slave,
> white/blacklist, etc. to be more inclusive/appropriate.
>
> Can we rename "master" to "development" or "current" or something?

That is an *exceptionally* good idea! It looks like GitHub is planning
to change âmasterâ to âmainâ across their services. At least, thatâs
what five minutes of web searching suggested.

I think thatâs a good alternative.

Please consider renaming the principal, default branch to âmainâ as a
friendly amendment to my proposal.

Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
https://nwalsh.com/