Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Namespace qualified attributes on elements?

> Are you referring to allowing attributes that are in a namespace other
> than the DocBook namespace to appear on DocBook elements? I thought
> other namespaced attributes did not have to be accounted for in the
> DocBook schema but were instead validated using NVDL?

The DocBook schema doesnât have to validate them, but it must allow
them. (You can tease apart a document and validate different sections
with different schemas using NVDL, but I donât think you can validate
the structure and some attributes with one schema and other attributes
on the same elements with a different schema.)

Given that you thought it was done with NVDL and I thought it just
worked, I infer that we both thought it was possible.

Iâm tempted to squeeze it into a 5.2CR3. Lots of vocabularies allow it
and it doesnât do any harm. (The question came up in relation to a use
case with a DocBook user.)

Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
https://nwalsh.com/