Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Namespace qualified attributes on elements?

I'm ok with it adding it to CR3. Scott?

Norm, let us know when you have prepared it so we can review it.

Thanks.

Bob

On 8/12/2022 12:40 AM, Norm Tovey-Walsh wrote:
Are you referring to allowing attributes that are in a namespace other
than the DocBook namespace to appear on DocBook elements? I thought
other namespaced attributes did not have to be accounted for in the
DocBook schema but were instead validated using NVDL?
The DocBook schema doesnât have to validate them, but it must allow
them. (You can tease apart a document and validate different sections
with different schemas using NVDL, but I donât think you can validate
the structure and some attributes with one schema and other attributes
on the same elements with a different schema.)

Given that you thought it was done with NVDL and I thought it just
worked, I infer that we both thought it was possible.

Iâm tempted to squeeze it into a 5.2CR3. Lots of vocabularies allow it
and it doesnât do any harm. (The question came up in relation to a use
case with a DocBook user.)

Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
https://nwalsh.com/

I am but a blood, bone, and muscle platform that holds up the camera.
The pictures take themselves.--James Tallon