Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Stylesheet RFC -- "description" meta tag in html

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> I wasn't suggesting Abstract because I wanted to shoehorn it into
> some existing element, I was suggesting it because I really think
> the content is semantically an abstract.

Yes -- it is.

> Perhaps

I don't even know if you have to go this far.  Wouldn't this require a
change to the Docbook DTD?  I can't decide if this is necessary or
not.  Sometimes documents may have abstracts which seem
inappropriately large for putting in a description HTML META field.

You have interaction with chunking too.  Sectional elements can have
abstract, can't they?  so it would be nice to take the ancestor's
abstract, or fallback to <bookinfo> or whatever.