Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Stylesheet RFC -- "description" meta tag in html

/ Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> was heard to say:
| > Perhaps

| I don't even know if you have to go this far.  Wouldn't this require a
| change to the Docbook DTD?  I can't decide if this is necessary or
| not.  Sometimes documents may have abstracts which seem
| inappropriately large for putting in a description HTML META field.

Right, that's the point of the 'role'. But this wouldn't require any
changes to the DTD. The 'role' attribute is a common attribute, and
simpara is allowed in abstract.

| You have interaction with chunking too.  Sectional elements can have
| abstract, can't they?  so it would be nice to take the ancestor's
| abstract, or fallback to <bookinfo> or whatever.

Yes, it'll be a little tricky finding the "right" abstract.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | We dance around in a ring and
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | suppose, but the Secret sits in
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | the middle and knows.--Robert Frost