Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: DocBook markup and possibly a RFE. --- One more! ;-)

/ godoy@conectiva.com.br was heard to say:
[...]
| I'm having problems marking up some network items which I don't know
| what tag I could use:

What is your motivation for tagging these items? For searching,
indexing, or something else? (I'm just curious.)

| 1. IP addresses and host names (e.g. 10.0.0.2 and lists.oasis-open.org)

<systemitem class="systemname">?

| 2. Network protocols (e.g. PPP, TCP/IP)

<acronym>?

| 3. Filesystem type (e.g. VFAT, EXT2, UFS, NTFS)

Hmmm...

| 4. Disk partition (e.g. the first partition of a SCSI disk on a linux
|                    system should be /dev/sda1)

<filename class="devicefile">?

| 5. Program names (not filenames or application names) for marking up
|    programs such as "grep".

<command>?

| 6. Network interface (e.g. slip0, ppp0, eth0)

Hmmm...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Even while a thing is in the act
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | of coming into existence, some
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | part of it has already ceased to