Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: RFE: Date Format

David Lloyd <lloy0076@rebel.net.au> writes:

> >     <date>2001-01-08</date>
>
> I refuse to use ISO in everyday life. It's totally unnatural and
> everyone would think I was weird. They already do anyway.

It's gettin' better all the time.  The ISO standard on time and date is
a very nice one.  Communities interested in reliable international
exchange will adopt it sooner or later.  As somebody else said, the
stylesheet should be free to transform ISO dates into "native" dates if
the lang attribute is explicitly set

Maybe, DATE should have mixed contents (PCDATA or the element you
listed)?  Somebody should check what TEI provides.

BTW, we'll need TIME, too.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,