Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: XInclude vs. external entities (Re: The best way to'include' parts...)

Norman Walsh wrote:
> <snip/>
> If I was going to use XInclude in my own system, I'd use URNs and allow
> the URI resolver to get the right filename:
>
>   <xi:include href="urn:publicid:-:Norman+Walsh:Document+My+File:EN"/>

Sorry, Norm. Could you please give a "real" example. I am confused by
the proliferation of dashes, colons and plus signs. I sort of see a
PUBLIC identifier there but I'm not sure and I don't make a connection
to where this resolution takes place, how this href string is broken
down and then put back together again. Little steps, please.

A pointer to some documentation on this would be a help, as well.

Thanks, this is really looking interesting as a win-win situation.

            ...edN