Subject: DOCBOOK: proper use of indexterm?

According to the DocBook guide, one can insert <indexterm> tags in all
kind of places.  However, nsgmls always gives me an error message
("document type does not allow element "indexterm" here");
the only place I found where <indexterm> was acceptable, is in an <index>
- which is the last place where I want to use it.

My intention is to have stanza's like:
<glossentry id="whatever">
	<glossterm>whatever</glossterm>
	<glossdef>
		<para>however</para>
	</glossdef>
</glossentry>

Any word that is in the glossary is interesting, so should be in the
index; I hoped to accomplish that by specifying the indexterm in the
glossentry - which appears legal from the documentation - and have the
processors search a <part label="A"> for occurences of the term.

--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
		NL-1062 KD nr 149	tel.    +31-204080204
 			Amsterdam	e-mail  tpeters@xs4all.nl