Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Create meta tags

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:36:40PM +0100, Xyvind Heggen wrote:
> I've been searching the list but can't seem to find any real info on
> this.
>
> How do one set meta tags with docbook ?
>
> I want the html file to contain :

For these two meta names, there is some direct support
in Docbook XSL.

For "description", if you put your description in
the document's <abstract> element, and set the
stylesheet parameter 'generate.meta.abstract'
to 1, then the text of the abstract will appear
as the 'content' value of the meta.

For keywords, if you put a <keywordset> element with
keywords in your document's *info element (bookinfo,
chapterinfo, etc), then it will be output in a
meta name="keywords" element in the HTML HEAD.

If you want other meta elements, or you want to customize
how the description meta is handled (passed as a parameter,
for example), then you can customize the built-in
placeholder template named 'user.head.content'.
It is automatically called during the output
of the HTML HEAD.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com