Subject: Re: updating localization of docbook-xsl ?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:59:25 +0200
Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
>
> > I mean what styles could call appropriate localization
> > templates instead output fixed localization values.
>
> It works this way. If there are localized date formats in
> common/{$lang}.xml they are used, otherwise en defaults are
> used.

If count of variants of datetime values for each language is too
many, stylesheets could call not appropriate _fixed_ values
(september, october) but appropriate _logic_ for calculating
correct values for each language.

This logic could calculate suffixes, forms and other differences
for languages. Translators could change logic for their needs.

<skipped/>

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt@vzljot.ru