Subject: [docbook] email in author tag

On Oct 16, Kai Hendry (hendry@iki.fi) wrote:
 > I have docbook 4.4 XML and I use the latest Debian docbook2* tools to
 > generate different formats.
 >
 > http://hendry.iki.fi/cv/resume.xml
 >
 > My problem is outlined here:
 > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-xml-sgml-pkgs/2005-October/001205.html
 >
 > I want to have my email to show up in the generated formats. Right now
 > it doesn't appear in anything other than resume.xml after a make:
 > http://trac.natalian.org/file/projects/shopping-list/Makefile
 >
 > I've tried searching. But the best thing I could find was something
 > about modifying the style sheet!
 >
 > http://www.google.com.au/search?q=email+author+site%3Alists.oasis-open.org&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
 >
 > http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200307/msg00162.html
 >
 > Which doesn't sound reasonable.
 >
 > Surely there must be a better way?

Yes, structure your document like this:

<article>
  <title>My Doc Title</title>
  <articleinfo>
    <author>
      <personname>
Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>
	<firstname>Kai</firstname>
	<surname>Hendry</surname>
      </personname>
    </author>
    <affiliation>
    </affiliation>
  </articleinfo>
...etc....

Then, create a DSSSL stylesheet like this:

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY dbstyle PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook Print Stylesheet//EN" CDATA DSSSL>
]>

(define (article-titlepage-recto-elements)
	 (list
	  (normalize "title")
	  (normalize "subtitle")
	  (normalize "corpauthor")
	  (normalize "authorgroup")
	  (normalize "author")
	  (normalize "releaseinfo")
	  (normalize "copyright")
	  (normalize "pubdate")
	  (normalize "revhistory")
	  (normalize "abstract")
	  (normalize "affiliation")))

<external-specification id="docbook" document="dbstyle">

and call it resume-print.dsl, then use this command:

docbook2pdf -d resume-print.dsl

Create another DSSSL stylesheet with the word "Print" replaced by "HTML", call
it resume-html.dsl and use this command:

docbook2html -d resume-html.dsl

All I did was add the affiliation element to the list of elements that are on
the title page.

--
Neil Roeth