Subject: Re: [docbook] GSoC 2011 project idea

Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@kovesdan.org> wrote on Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:12:34
+0000:

> please vote for me.

Here's a big, fat +1 from me (or is there a formal voting process
somewhere?)

I'm a DB-slides power user and would love to be able to move to DB 5.

If you have spare capacities for this GSoC project (and I would guess
so), why not use this opportunity to add some useful functionality to
DB-slides?  We had a lively discussion two years ago
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200901/threads.html#00053)
with some interesting ideas, mostly contributed by Stefan, such as the
introduction of a <block/> element as a child of <foil/> that would map
to output elements that can be styled and positioned as desired.

You'd make my day :-)

Justus