OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 11 December 2013

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 11 December 2013

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at
1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Loren Cahlander, Dick Hamilton,
Scott Hudson, Bob Stayton, Norm Walsh

Regrets: Jirka Kosek

Absent: Nancy Harrison, Larry Rowland

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous (Oct) meeting.

3. Next meeting: 15 January 2014

4. Review of the agenda.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to publish an XSD for 5.1 when it is finished.

  b.  Norm to follow up on RFE 3491860 license tag

  c.  Norm to talk to OASIS about some examples of
      internal published items, such as draft specs and
      non-normative customization layers.

  d.  Norm to update the catalog distributed with DocBook
      to support "www".

6.  OASIS website issues

Norm has resolved the issues and set up a page that points
to the specs and repository on the OASIS website:


7.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Nothing to report.

8.  Transclusion in DocBook

The new W3C XInclude standard needs another implementation to proceed
to final Recommendation stage.  Norm is working on getting
it to happen.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

ACTION: Norm to put together a CR2 release.

10. Should RDFa be part of DocBook 5.2

The current customization layer adds 5 attributes from RDFa to the
common attributes set.  Norm proposes folding them into
the standard 5.1 DocBook.  Approved for 5.1.

ACTION: Norm to include RDFa attributes in DocBook 5.1.

11. Should Dublin Core be part of DocBook 5.2

The Publisher's schema has the complete set of Dublin Core
elements in the DC namespace. Should these be added to
the standard DocBook schema?  DocBook has had Dublin Core
compatibility since DocBook 4, through existing and new
attributes for that purpose.  Users of the Publishers schema
like to be able to cut and paste DC elements into their
documents.  The implementation would prohibit using both
the existing DocBook elements and the DC namespaced elements.
The Committee felt this might go into DocBook 5.2, but there was
no urgent need to get it into 5.1.

12.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0

    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion

   Ticket  Tracker
    260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
    291   3491860   license tag
Action on this item was postponed until we can see how the
RDFa attributes play out.

    302   3608790   Microdata or RDFa 1.1 Lite support for schema.org

   New RFEs

    303         HTML5 Audio + Video multiple sources
Bob suggested allowing multiple videodata inside videoobject.
The processing expectation is that only one child of mediaobject
is rendered in the output, but all of the children of that
object are rendered.  Norm pointed out that the new
multimediaparam element in 5.1 be then be moved to become a child
of videodata instead of videoobject, so that each videodata could
have its own params.  These changes will also apply to
audioobject and imageobject.  Approved.

ACTION: Norm to allow multiple data children in videoobject,
audioobject, and imageobject, and move multimediaparam to be a
child of the data children.


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201310/msg00002.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]