Subject: Re: [docbook] Allow <info> as root element?

I make most or all elements start elements in my DocBook variants because why not? What if you want to xi:include a <phrase> or a <note> multiple times (and find entities to be kludgy and gross)? Put it in a file and xi:include that file as needed. No need for an id or id fixup.

I also consider making a variant good practice. Nobody needs all of DocBook and changes like adding start elements have little effect on interoperability.

Regards,
David

Typed wtih thmubs