Subject: Re: [docbook] Allow <info> as root element?

Hi,

On 30.11.22 01:47, David Cramer wrote:
> I make most or all elements start elements in my DocBook variants because
> why not?

That true, this would be possible. However, that wouldn't be DocBook anymore.
Additionally, you increase your maintenance efforts if you have to create a
DocBook variant just for customize the start elements.

> [...]
> I also consider making a variant good practice. Nobody needs all of
> DocBook and changes like adding start elements have little effect on
> interoperability.

We went down this road already and it works quite well:

  https://github.com/openSUSE/geekodoc

Sometimes I would appreciate some more hooks to ease customization. ;)

--
GruÃ/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle