dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] freezing doc, and next steps

Robert,

If there is a separate protocol for time-stamping, what about time-stamp
verification?

I still believe that the time-stamping and other DSS uses should be aligned
as far as possible, so that features such as verification can be applied to
both.  I agree that some of the signature attributes will be different but
any common features should have the same elements.

I still prefer using the same basic protocol to avoid unnecessary
inconsistencies in the approach and wasted effort.

Nick

PS I am away for a few days, back on line Tuesday