dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Individual reports for verification response

Hi All,

>> What about something like:
>> "The server should be able to issue individual reports on each
>> token it has verified (certificates, signatures, etc) when the
>> verification
>> fails."
>

> When it fails, do you want:
>  - a report only on the thing that failed (this certificate was revoked)
>  - also reports on the things that were good (this certificate was
> revoked, these were good, these weren't checked yet)

would it cause any problems if we have an option to get a full report when the verification evaluates to 'true', too ?

I'm suffering frommthe low acceptance of digital signatures in 'real life'. It would be more persuasive for a doubting user to have a notion of
all the work ( digesting, CRL Checks, OCSP calls ... ) that was done on behalf of his verification request. If you implement a report for the
failure case, you don't have to implement another for the success case.

Greetings

Andrew