dss message

Subject: Pending / TryAgainLater

While updating the core draft, I thought more about our resolution to add
an additional "Pending" ResultMajor code, and I'm not sure this is the best
approach.

It doesn't make much sense to put only a fraction of the needed
functionality for asynch behavior in the core.  "TryAgainLater" was generic
enough that we could sorta justify it, but if we're going to add an
additional code whose sole use is for asynchronous interaction, then I
would prefer changing the core to allow profiles to introduce new
ResultMajor codes.

So how would people feel if draft 19 removes TryAgainLater, and allows
profiles to define their own ResultMajor codes?

Trevor