dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Finalizing core spec

Trevor,

See below:

I would be interested to get Andreas' view, but I would suggest that
ResultMajor should not be restricted to those value given in the standard to
allow flexibility for the asynch profile to define other return values.

> 2) Andreas has proposed the client could indicate multiple
> profile URIs in
> a request (i.e the client could say "the WSS *and* German Sig-Law
> profiles
> are in effect).  See this thread:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200404/msg00019.html

I agree

> If anyone has other comments on the core draft, or has been putting off
> reading it, now would be a good time!

One other minor change in 4.5.7 when updating a signature the attribute
"Type" is used to identify the type/form of updated signature required.  In
the XAdES profile, and the Core, "SignatureType" is used to identify the
basic type of signature (CMS, XMLSig, Timestamp).  SignatureForm is used to
identify the different forms (ES-T, BES etc).

I suggest that in element "ReturnUpdatedSignature" we rename the attribute
"type" to be "Form".

Nick