dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Finalizing core spec

Hi all !

>>1) Since we've decided to handle Async support in a profile, should we
>>remove TryAgainLater?  Or allow profiles to introduce new ResultMajor
>>codes?  Or just leave it as is?
>>

>I would be interested to get Andreas' view, but I would suggest that
>ResultMajor should not be restricted to those value given in the standard to
>allow flexibility for the asynch profile to define other return values.

That's my opinion, too !

I would like to define the async profile as close to the XKMS mechanism
as possible. People implementing DSS will usually know XKMS, so I
wouldn't like to confuse them with a slightly different protocol for the
same purpose.
So : Allow definition of ResultMajor in a profile !

I propose to define the ResultMajor 'Pending' in the Async Profile.
TryAgainLater would be absolete.

Rich, do you have any objections ?

>>2) Andreas has proposed the client could indicate multiple
>>profile URIs in
>>a request (i.e the client could say "the WSS *and* German Sig-Law
>>profiles
>>are in effect).  See this thread:
>>http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200404/msg00019.html

I would be pleased to see the TC member opinions ...

Greetings

Andreas