dss message

Subject: Additional comment on version EPM profile 03

Dear Ed,

Below follow some comments on EPM profile version 03.

Section : Element <SignaturePlacement>.

In this section it is written:

"- Enveloped Signature (XMLSig)

The EPM will assume an enveloped signature unless an
<EnvelopingSignature> optional input is present.
For enveloped signatures, the resultant ds:Signature will be returned in
the <SignatureObject> as per [DSSCore].
Additionally, the resultant signature will be inserted after the last
child of the root node of the <Document>
element of <InputDocuments> and will be returned in the
<DocumentWithSignature> element. This is default handling."

My interpretation of the text is: EPM server will generate the signature
and put it within <SignatureObject> and in addition
it will inserted it after the last child of the root node of the
<Document> or <InputDocuments> and the document with
the signature will be inserted within the <DocumentWithSignature>. Then
you are mandating to include the resulting
signature in two different places, am I right? If so, could you explain
the purpose of this duplication?

"-Enveloping Signatures (XMLSig)

For <EnvelopingSignature>’s the EPM requires the <Document>’s RefURI and
ID attributes
to construct the <DocumentWithSignature>."

Here I am a bit lost. If the signature is enveloping, I would say that
there is no <DocumentWithSignature>
element returned....am I right or have I missed or missunderstood
anything? Should not be <SignatureObject>
instead?

Regards

Juan Carlos.