Subject: RE: [ebsoa] New Chair - John Hardin

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 7:26 AM
To: David Webber (XML); john hardin; Monica J. Martin; Duane Nickull;
Dale Moberg; Jeff Turpin; tony.scott@gm.com; john.l.jackson@gm.com;
psnack@aiag.org; ron.l.schuldt@lmco.com; ronschuldt@msn.com;
golsen@contivo.com; John Casillas; mjyader@comcast.net;
tdean@criticaltech.net; ebsoa@lists.oasis-open.org; James Bryce Clark

Yes - thanks David. My point was that, as written in a public forum, a
reader could interpret the quote I highlighted below - since it had no
additional context - as meaning that there is an ebXML v3 - which
implies that there is an ebXML v2 as well (is that the case? I have not
seen this "officially" spoken of).

Vague statements such as this - though well-meant and unintentional -
tend to perpetuate the very problems that I believe this TC is trying to
overcome (the problem of confusion and misinformation with regards to
these initiatives). And when they come from well-meaning TC chairs, the
problem is magnified.

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World