Subject: Managing context in BPSS / CPA

Team,

Attached is the CAM draft on using an XML context instance
to determine business operating criteria discussed on todays
call.

The idea is that there is an available area in the CPA
where we can put a URL that points to this >> Dale has
in mind a good spot in the CPA we can use to do this <<

And so when partners agree to the CPA - they are agreeing
to this set of context values and rules.

Then the BPSS that is associated with that CPA can
reference the URL to find the context variables and
the settings for this particular agreement.

You can have various settings then for the contexts
that you need - and - (this was the new bit I added
today based on the discussions) - the ability to
reference the logical document instance - and compare
a value thru the use of a special set default namespaces -
as: bpss: and doc: to indicate for the XPath which bit of
XML you are referencing.
See attached for how this all works.

In the CAM template approach - you can pick the
value for a context variable based on the value from
your XML instance that you are processing - however
- in the BPSS use case - you need to reference the
document (responding or replying) that you are currently
pointed to by that BPSS step.

For more information on CAM the URL to that
information is http://cam.swiki.net

Monica also asked that we mention other context
mechanisms -

The BCM team has a webservice choice point
mechanism for managing dynamic context - see
Appendix B of the BCM specifications
from the Kavi document area.

This is a Swiss Army knife for context - and includes
linking and switching (useful between multiple BPSS instances
running concurrently?) and a deal more besides just simple
context variables - but its good for the easy stuff too!

Thanks, DW.

OASIS-CAM-Specifications-Context-Management.doc