Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] 12/7/2003: [Fwd: "Late Binding" of TimeToPerform]

Anders,

I think most companies / transactions use a provisioning
system in any case.

Only the electricity company perhaps works - when you
throw the switch!  And of course they have a meter that
measures the service directly because of that.  Fortunately
there is not flavours of electricity - it is either there or not!

So - there will be some verification step in the process,
where the provider doublechecks that the service is
indeed available - and then they will begin charges.
Example - the telephone company calls a new
customer on their number to verify they have
the service working.

Similarly with delivery of goods.  In services
of the "beam me up now" type - the customer
typically has to pre-pay - before the service
is provided - examples - food.  You do not
want the customer to eat the food and then
pay - except in a resturant of course - because
there you want them to eat more food.

So - I'm seeing BPSS can deliver support
for the necessary accounting verification and
payment for delivery - especially with the
Context Mechanism being able to be used
at the CPA level.  I think that was the piece
we were missing before.

Cheers, DW.