Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] IBM to Support BPEL-Based Web Services

David:

Let's not be negative on this.  We will likely be seeing more direction
in IBM and other companies tooling expanding from driving infrastructure
toward a broader view of the technical/developer's need. IBM is
increasingly providing a comprehensive set of both development time
tooling for developers and an open-standards based runtime expanding
beyond a traditional application server on all platforms. Their recent
foray into the process area of the stack is admirable IMO.  A process
driven, service oriented architecture (re Joseph Chuisano's post) is
being developed and converging or embracing other ideas benefits
everybody.  I happen to have friends who can rebuke your claims that it
is marketing fluff and would back up the fact it is real useable
software.  The real proof will be in the delivered developer tools.

I was interested in opinions.  I have noted that you believe it is
vaporware.  Does anyone else care to comment?

Duane