Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] [ebBP] Tell 6/14/2004: Business Contract Requirementsfor State Alignment

> Yunker: Close, but not quite...The beginsWhen expression can be used
> as both /*linking to */a semantic state (e.g. begins when "state" of
> "product-delivered" is reached) *-and- *as a */semantic definition/*
> that can be used to define that state (e.g. "in the context of this
> BPSS, "product-delivered" is defined as the existance of both
> product-delivered-date and delivery-signature")
>
> This */could/* be implemented as either:
>
>     1) a filter: the BPSS layer can reject an attempt by the backend
>     integration to start an illegal transaction (and notify of course
>     - up to the implementation in any case)
>     2) a subscription:  the BPSS implementation could link into and
>     use one of those new-fangled semantic-information-maping tools to
>     subscribe to changes in the local implementation of
>     product-delivered-date and delivery-signature.
>
> The important thing is that the BUSINESS COMMUNITY was able to define
> the semantic business-event controlling the process, so us technology
> focuessed yahoos would not loose site of our objective.  If someone
> implements a way to use it in an automated fashion, then that's cool
> -> regardless of whether they are using it for monitoring or execution.

mm1: We've made some progress on the discussion as well as address Work
Item 21 (pre- post conditions).  It appears we can ensure we understand
the business criteria for state alignment and how that relates to
beginsWhen and ends When AND pre-post conditions.  I think we can
address these items in tandem.  Perhaps Anders can review these comments
this week or on Friday.  Keep those cards and letters coming.
Thanks.