Subject: RE: [ebxml-bp] [public-comment-00000] supplement validation errors

Before looking into the details of the issue, can anybody help with
following?

1) Intent of this supplement package is to demonstrate transformation of

BPSS 1.01 instance to BPSS 2.01 instance, right?

Dale>> Yes, the idea is to automate the update of earlier BPSS instances
in the 1.x version range to ebbp 2.0.1. It is only a sketch at present

I guessed the role of each file to be:
[1] ebxmlbp-2.01-cd-ExamplePIP7c7For1.01-en.xml - a BPSS 1.01 instance.
[2] ebxmlbp-2.01-cd-ExampleTransformFor1.01-en.xsl - a transformation
[3] ebxmlbp-2.01-cd-ExampleTransformFor1.01-en.xml - a BPSS 2.01
instance generated from [1] with [2].

Dale>> Yes, that is what we should aim to produce. If we finish the RN
BPSS instance transforms as an example, it may help other end users
convert their models.

I found [1] has default namespace set to
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxmlbp/ebbp-2.0 (BPSS 2.0) - this should
have been the ns for BPSS 1.01.

Dale>> This was started many months ago but left very incomplete. It
would be nice if we could fix it up to match the now (we hope) stable
version 2 ebbp schema.

2) Does anybody have XSD for BPSS 1.01?

Dale >> I think I have the one used by RN, and will attach it. It differ
from other published versions, however. One larger problem was that in
1.x versions, ID and IDREF were not used for reference, but strings in
either name or nameID attributes. These string values are not legal ID
or IDREF values. So there needs to be a way to find out what the
reference was supposed to be in the to-be-converted instance and then
replace all the references by legal ID and IDREF values. I think it will
be a bit of work to fix all these details up correctly.

ebBPSS1.01.xsd