Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa-negot] Hima'sNegotiation BPSS Instance

Dale,

You are probably right in principle.  I will look into precondition and
postcondition tomorrow.  We could probably define more useful values for
them than are in the current instance document.

However, that's only "in principle".  BPSS 1.05 states that at this time,
preCondition and postCondition (and a few others)  are really only comment
elements since they have no defined values that a deployment tool could
use.  The spec states an intention to enhance the definitions in a later
version. We might be much safer for version 1 if we could restructure the
BPSS instance to contain only one binary collaboration element if this can
be done without losing important negotiation function.

Regards.
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      "Dale Moberg"
                      <dmoberg@cycloneco        To:       Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <ebxml-cppa-negot@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      mmerce.com>               cc:       <himagiri@sybase.com>
                      08/07/2002 06:20
                      PM

Marty writes:

"The Negotiation BPSS instance contains two Binary Collaborations, each
with
a Start element.  I can't find anything that unambiguously specifies
that
the choreography begins with the "CPA Offer BTA"  business transaction
activity under the "CPA_Negotiation_BC" binary collaboration. As far as
can tell, it might equally well begin with the "CPA Counter Offer 1 BTA"
business transaction acvitity uner the "CPA Negotiation CounterOfferBC"
binary collaboration.
Of course, we all know from the semantics of what we are doing that  the
"CPA Offer BTA" business transaction activity has to start things off,
but
a BPSS deployment tool won't know that.  What determines where the
choreography actually begins when there is more than one binary
collaboration in the instance document?"

Here is a thought: there is a "preCondition" attribute defined
for the BinaryCollaboration element. Maybe the
CounterOfferBinaryCollaboration
could have a preCondition requiring that a CPAOfferBinaryCollaboration
instance has occurred ?

Dale