Subject: [ebxml-cppa-negot] BPSS Start element

I have some questions about initializing choreography and the Start
element.

1. How does a BSI know the starting point of a choreography defined in a
BPSS instance document?  Is that the function of the Start element?  If
not, what is the indicator? (It can't be preCondition since in BPS 1.05,
that attribute is for documentation only.)

2. If a BPSS instance contains more than one binary collaboration (not
nested), are they treated as separate choreographies?  Should each have a
Start element?

3. If a BPSS instance contains one "top-level" binary collaboration and
another binary collaboration nested inside it, should both binary
collaborations have start elements?  If so, how does a deployment tool or
BSI know where the starting point is?  It seems to me that it would have to
analyze the flow in detail to figure out where the choreography begins.

I have a suspicion that the answers are:

1. The Start element is supposed to tell the BSI where the choreography
starts.

2. Non-nested binary collaborations are separate choreographies and each
needs a Start element.

3. The nested binary collaboration should not have a Start element since
the choregraphy starts with the top-level binary collaboration and a
Transition element defines the starting point of the nested binary
collaboration.

Am I right?

Incidentally, BPSS 1.05 states that for the Start element,
maxOccurs="unbounded" although the text in 8.1.24 strongly implies that
maxOccurs should be "1".

Regards,
Marry

Martin W. Sachs