Subject: Re: Security - coordination with MSH issues

Tim,

This is a good list.  I do have a few comments:

TLS 1.0 has the status of PROPOSED STANDARD.  I think it's time that CPA
and MSG explicitly support TLS 1.0 as an alternative to SSL 3.0 (probably
in V2.0).  That would mean providing the necessary elements and attributes
to support it properly.  Since it is not directly interoperably with SSL
3.0, the element structure might be different from the element structure
for SSL 3.0. We would also have to think about whether the SSL
interoperability option in TLS would need its own supprt in the CPA or
could be implied by the use of the SSL elements.

The following are probably needed but don't seem to have security
implications except that some might figure in any new packaging definition:

1.3  Support for large messages using HTTP Compress function
1.4  Provide Multicast support
2.6 Transport Compression (is this the same as 1.3?)

"Collier, Timothy R" <timothy.r.collier@intel.com> on 08/27/2001 07:07:06
PM