Subject: Re: Why all this obsession over UIDs?

Here's another on from ebtwg re CPPA.

---------------------- Forwarded by Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM on 09/28/2001
08:09 PM ---------------------------

Duane Nickull <duane@xmlglobal.com> on 09/28/2001 01:57:39 PM

To:   "William J. Kammerer" <wkammerer@novannet.com>
cc:   eBTWG List <ebtwg@lists.ebtwg.org>, ebtwg-ccs@lists.ebtwg.org

William:

UID's apply to more than just core components.

This of course leads to a conversation about possible missing
functionality in ebXML.

Here are some thoughts:

1.  All registry managed objects have a UID defined in the ebXML RIM
2.  A CPP should also have a way to uniquely identify it.  THis is
essential becuase if someone proposes a CPA to me, I need to know which
one of my CPP's they used.
3.  THe CPP and CPA documents should refer to BP schemas via the UID
mechnism too.  This means I can recognize the UID value in the CPP and
CPA which prevents me from having to get the sodding thing out of the
registry each time and read it manually.
4.  The BPSS should have UID references for each business message that
is used within that BP.  This can reference a special document-complete
aggregate core component which the CC team calls an "Assembly doc".
5.  The special aggregate CC called an "Assembly Doc" should ideally
have UID's for each sub-aggregate or atomic Core Component that is used
in the formation of that doc.

Having read the BPSS and CPPA specs,  I assert that they do not contain
the necessary functionality to be implementable becuase I cannot see
where the UID functionality is present.

Someone *PLEASE* correct me if I am wrong here.....

Duane