Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA version 1.03

Tony:

In the past, I have highlighted an entire section and indicated that section is to be modified with someone else's changes. Once the changes have been made, I would prefer to see the highlighting removed.

I will make an attempt to get rid of some of the highlighting/comments I have previously introduced, as I work on the 1.04 draft.

Thanks,
-Arvola
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Weida <rweida@hotmail.com>
To: Arvola Chan <arvola@tibco.com>; CPPA <ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: Monday, January 14, 2002 4:10 PM

Arvola,

Regarding the merge of your changes with Peter's, I should have mentioned in in my email accompanying version 1.03 that he encountered some difficulties with Word, which he described as follows: "I was partially successful at just merging [Arvola's] changes with mine, but then Word hosed me and I had to do the rest by hand (so some of his changes look like they were made by me)."

As for highlights and comments, I said that I'd accept all revisions for a given version before beginning work on the next version and I've done just that.  Changes that introduce highlights and comments become "accepted" parts of the document just like any other changes when using Word's "accept all" feature (which is the right behavior, IMHO).  I don't recall any discussion about treating them differently.  When you make your revisions for version 1.04, please feel free to update or remove your comments/highlights as appropriate.  If you really want them all removed, let me know and I'll be happy to undertake that as part of my editorial duties.  Note that I did manually modify some comments and/or highlights to reflect changes that I made manually in a given version.

I'll send you a version of the document with the result of applying Word's "accept all" changes operation to version 1.03 in separate email -- Word indicates that no tracked changes remain.  Please go ahead with the changes that you proposed.

Thanks,
Tony