Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] A big issue

bhaugen wrote:

> From: Christopher Ferris
>
> > I do feel strongly that a) the registry/repository should
> > provide for URI resolution of artifacts stored within
> > and b) that any runtime retrieval/resolution of
> > artifacts such as the BPSS instance should be accessible
> > via web protocols.
>
> I agree, and would prefer that everything in the extended
> ebXML artifact space be accessible via Web protocols
> (and I really mean normal HTTP Get).

It already does.  The Registry Information Model contains an attribute
called extrinsicURI which provides that location.  Since not all Managed
Objects reside within the registry/repository (the decentralized
repository model) this was deemed necessary.

Using URI's does constrain the values to resource identifiers and within
that larger set, one can use the Hyper text transfer protocol (no
control on version number however).  I assume that most of us will use
something like this:

extrinsicURI="http://www.mylocation.com/path/to/file.ext"

which explicity states the protocol and the location.  The method would
be assumed to be "GET" since that is how remote objects are retrieved.

Duane

--
CTO, XML Global Technologies