Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPP identification revisited

Martin W Sachs wrote:

> It would appear that if the CPP has a globally unique identifier, we would
> remove the statements about a registry-assigned identifier but it may not
> be that simple.

It's far from that simple.  The Registry assigned unique identifier
identifies it uniquely within one specific registry instance, not
globally.

 Does anyone remember the arguments on this from last year?
> Duane if you are looking here, I think you were involved in the
> discussions.

Yes - it is a bone of contention accross a few teams.  CC, BP and
Architecture are all affected.  I have an action item to discuss this
within architecture.

A URN resolution shceme may be our best bet although no single
consistent methodology exists for this.

Duane