Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] Anti-reminder: no CPPA teleconferences until December.

Title: Message
Dear Colleagues,

I wish all my American cousins a very Happy Thanksgiving.

- - -

and echo Dales hint about constructive comments on the ongoing work items of Negotiation and Transaction Management (BTP) extension.

To start things of on the re-chartering discussion:

I personally would like to see the CPPA TC agree a new charter that had a time scope of at least 6 months; I really think a year would be more sensible.  Yes resources have moved to other interests to some extent, but not yet to the point were sensible progress becomes impracticable.  I hope that by agreeing a new charter of reasonable time period resources / effort input would stabilise at a level that allows the ongoing work to proceed to completion.

I suggest the following work items:

1)  Collecting feedback from implementers of the specification(s), keeping an issues log, resolution of those issues and providing maintenance releases of the TC's specification(s)

2)  Completion of the Negotiation specification and movement through TC spec to OASIS standard.

3)  Completion of the Transaction Management (BTP) extension and movement through TC spec to OASIS standard

4)  Gauge practical implementation interest in other areas of work such as relationship to Web Services / adaptation of CPPA for use in a WS environment, use of other transports (e.g. SOAP, Grid ebXML, . . .), other BP description methods.

If  a new charter is agreed then I would suggest re-launching the TC with another F2F, perhaps in the late Jan / Feb / early March 2003 time frame.

Best Regards,

Tony

Tony Fletcher

Technical Advisor
Choreology Ltd.
13, Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX UK

Phone:

+44 (0) 20 7670 1787

Mobile:

+44 (0) 7801 948 219

Fax:

+44 (0) 20 7670 1785

Web:

www.choreology.com

Cohesions 1.0™

Business transaction management software for application coordination

Work: tony.fletcher@choreology.com