Subject: FW: CPP and CPA

Hi Gloria,

I am letting others on our CPPA mailing list know of your interests.

Creating a CPP. Are you using BPSS? If so, look at the BTAs in the BPSS instance.

They tell you what Services and Actions need to be bound to channels.

The other information will be mainly about your company and your communications environment.

Some tools can take a BPSS and generate a template for CPPs based on it. The Sybase tool which was open sourced used to do this.

METU also has tools in the freebxml distribution that helps with CPPA.

Create CPA from CPPs? Sacha Schlegel has a dissertation project that does this (with a human assist). Sacha may want to follow up to tell you about that tool, based on Ruby as I recall.

An appendix in the CPPA v. 2.0 specification discusses what software needs to do to merge CPPs into CPAs but no full algorithm for the merge is described – just a bunch of checks on matches that need to be made.

Hope that helps a little.

Dale Moberg