Subject: RE: [ebxml-iic] ebMS Deployment Guide Template 24 Feb

Title: RE: [ebxml-iic] ebMS Deployment Guide Template 24 Feb

Matt:
Then I encourage Pete and you to see how these could
be resolved. If Pete agrees there are important comments
that cannot be addressed today, we will postpone the
submission and the voting - but not beyond Friday.
The draft spec has been out for review for a while already...

I see mostly requests for removing irrelevant template items,
in your comments, so it seems that could be addressed quickly.

One comment I would downplay: COnversation IDs are actually implementation-dependent,
and there is no detailed spec requirement on their format.
(Nothing even prevents some MSH to open these to application level,
as the app decides of conversation boundaries.)
So I believe it still makes sense for the Template to provide a way
to specify if convId is expected to follow some format or rules, if needed.

From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@mac-kenzie.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 10:57 AM
To: Jacques Durand
Cc: Pete Wenzel; ebXML IIC

I think I raised some fundamental issues, some more important than
others.  I wouldn't feel comfortable voting yes if the issues with the
deployment template dealing with items that already have definitive
coverage in the ebMS spec aren't addressed.

A deployment template that allows implementers to define things that go
against the specification in question is Not A Good Thing.

-Matt