Subject: RE: T2: ackRequested attribute in Via element

Be careful.  If the goal is to reliably deliver a message from the From
party to a To party through one or more intermediaries, the only ACK that
matters is the one from the To party's MSH when that MSH has placed the
message in a persistent store. ACKs from the intermediaries, when they
receive the message, do not accomplish anything useful because the message
may be lost at or upstream of any intermediary.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center