Subject: RE: [ebxml-cppa] RE: [ebxml-msg] CPA & MS overriding parameters

I am encouraged and hopeful that a solution to this issue will be found
based on the "permessage" idea (as per Dale's earlier email "observer's
report").
The three cases that Tony outlines below may be used
for analysis of individual entries in the CPA.
It is not clear how the "permessage" notion will be built into the CPP.
I plan to wait to see a clear description of the solution before further
commenting.

Regards,
-Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Fletcher [mailto:tony_fletcher@btopenworld.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 3:15 AM
To: ebxml-msg@lists.oasis-open.org; ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear All,

I would have thought that there are three cases that need to be allowed for
in the CPA:

1)	The two parties to the CPA agree explicitly or implicitly that a
parameter is not specified in the CPA and is to be handled by messaging as
per the messaging spec. (which could be implicit, per session, per message,
etc.)

2)	The two parties to the CPA agree to specify a default value in the
CPA
which is used if not present in the messaging exchange explicitly, but may
be overridden by the use of the messaging service on a per message or per
session basis.

3)	The two parties to the CPA agree to specify the parameter in the CPA
and
that is the value that shall be used - no messing!

The Messaging and CPP/A groups need to agree which out 1), 2) & 3) are
appropriate for each parameter of the messaging service.

If the messaging group meeting has already passed this point and made a
workable agreement then fine - I was only adding to the thread, not meaning
to re-open discussion.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701784         Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com <mailto:tony.fletcher@choreology.com>
(Home: amfletcher@iee.org)