Subject: [ebxml-msg] Re: Comments on the 1.09 about ConversationId

Martin,

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 08:55:33 -0500
Martin W Sachs <mwsachs@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Shimamura-san,
>
> If you add a status attribute, the application (or conversation management
> middleware) still has to tell the MSH how to set that attribute.

Yes, I know. The sending application (or middleware) still has to tell
the sending MSH the conversation's status. However the receiving
application (or middleware) does not need to tell the receiving MSH the
conversation's status, if we add the status attribute to ConversationId
element. Because the status information is propagated to receiving MSH
automatically.

> You cannot ignore software errors.  You cannot guess at the correct
> behavior.  A software error is an error and must be reported as an error.

Exactly. However we can reduce possibility of application's bug by
better design of lower layer middleware such as MSH. In your idea, both
sending and receiving application have to tell its MSH the
conversation's status. But in my idea, receiving application does not
need to do it. Thus possibility of receiving application's bug is
reduced. I think it is better design.

SHIMAMURA Masayoshi <shima.masa@jp.fujitsu.com>
TEL:+81-45-476-4590(ext.7128-4241)  FAX:+81-45-476-4726(ext.7128-6783)
Planning Dep., Strategic Planning Div., Software Group, FUJITSU LIMITED