Subject: RE: [ebxml-msg] RE: A Request on the Author's list in ebMS 1.1

Marty is right, this will be a very difficult thing to determine and someone
will no doubt feel left out.  I think the best thing to do is follow the lead of
the RegRep group and not have an author's list.  I suppose membership in the TC
itself constitutes some form of authorship.

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 10:44 PM
To: David Fischer
Cc: Colleen Evans; dick@tech-comm.com; Prasad Yendluri;
ian.c.jones@bt.com; Ralph Berwanger; ebXML Msg

Let's be careful.  Major contributions can be made through the face to face
meetings and discussions on the listserver.  Those contributions constitute
authorship as surely as do those who wrote physical text.  I'm sure that a
lot of contributions through the listserver made into the text verbatim.
If you think you can distinguish between formal authorship and other kinds
of contributions, that's fine.

Regards,
Marty

*****