Subject: Re: [ebxml-msg] Id attribute

Thanks Pim - so we have a situation where sig references must either be followed for verification using either the optional 'id' (of type xdd:ID) in the eb:Messaging element or may also use wsu:Id, but always wsu:Id for all other elements such as Body.

Is this not counterintuitive ?

Interestingly the current xwss libs also do not cater for this difference… and throw a WSS0285 error if no wsu:Id reference can be found ( uses xpath =  "//*[@Id='" + id + "']"; )

Would it not be better to update section 5.1.4 rule b of the as4 profile as follows ?

AS4 MSH implementations are REQUIRED to include the entire eb:Messaging SOAP header block and the (possibly empty) SOAP Body in the signature. The eb:Messaging header MAY be referenced using the “id” attribute or the "wsu:Id" attribute.

Further comments/input on this much appreciated.