egov-registry message

Subject: RE: [egov-registry] Re: eGov regrep

Hi!
I have spent time today doing my homework regarding status of this initiative.... please let me know how i may offer assistance to accomplish one or more of the tasks below.   i can offer a "slice of justice data".. from the global justice data dictionary if information from others was not forthcoming.    meanwhile i continue my studies of the registry spec and concepts .... thanks diane

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 11:30 AM
To: egov-registry@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [egov-registry] Re: eGov regrep

Paul Spencer wrote:

>Duane, Farrukh,
>
>The two of you were to produce the "vertical slice" and its mapping to the
>RIM based on whatever information you already had and whatever people sent
>you after Amsterdam. I know you have something from the UK MOD. We also need
>to support UK metadata, which is Maewyn's area. You can get the document at
>http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/documents/eGMS%20version%203.pdf. If these are all
>you have, I would use them and get going.
>
>I am assuming you have not yet started, since I have heard nothing. Any idea
>when you will be able to get onto it and how long it will take?

Moving this thread to list so it gets archived etc....

First thanks Paul for giving the spark that needed to get the pilot (pun
intended) lit here.

Sorry to say that I have done nothing on it yet nor have I heard
anything from Duane on it yet.

Looking at the document for the first time, it seems to be describing a
business vocabulary that has mappings defined to HTML, and various
vocabulary standards such as DC.

We need to identify our goals and scope what we need to produce? Here
are some possible ways to map the eGMS UK metadata in order of
increasing complexity:

1. Map the eGMS vocabulary elements it directly to ebRIM as a
ClassificationScheme

2. Map the eGMS vocabulary elements to Core Components and then use
CCRIM work-in-progress to map the Core Components version of standard
vocabulary to RIM.

3. Any other ideas?

If we decide on (1) for eGMS then I can take a first stab at mapping to
an ebRIM ClassificationScheme

If we decide on 2 then I see the following steps (I include my sense of
who is best to take ownership of each step):

1. Identify a subset of eGMS Vocabulary (Paul)

2. Map chosen eGMS vocabulary elements to CCTS (Duane)

3. Map CCTS version of chosen eGMS vocabulary elements to ebRIM based
upon CCRIM work-in-progress (Duane)

4. Store ebRIM version of chosen eGMS vocabulary elements in registry
(Farrukh)

5. Document what we have done including demo script on how to
demonstrate the work (Carl / Paul)

Thoughts?

--
Regards,