egov-registry message

Subject: Mapping of eGMS to ebRIM

Folks,

This is an initial attempt at a direct mapping from eGMS metadata to
ebRIM metadata. Many thanks to Paul for helping me get bootstrapped.

The file  SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7256/SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd

was provided as a sample by Paul that shows how eGMS metadata is used to
annotate content. I used it as a reference example for creating eGMS to
ebRIM direct mapping as captured in SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7257/SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml

Note that the direct binding does not show Relationships yet as I do not
have the related objects yet. However, their mapping is pretty
straightforward to ebRIM Associations.

It also does not show any eGMS specific ClassificationSchemes that will
need to be defined.

All in all, I think the direct mapping is quite simple really. I look
forward to an example by Carl and Duane using the CCTS approach to see
if it offers additional value and benefits. It would be good if that
approach used the same SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd example so we could do
a side by side comparison.

--
Regards,
Farrukh