egov-websrv message

Subject: Re: [egov-websrv] Presentation: "Core Components and ebXMLRegistry"

Thanks for your feedback Eliot. If I could please ask you to reference a
specific point(s) in the presentation, I would be happy to update it
accordingly. The closest such reference I could find is on slides 13 and
14, but I use the term "describe" there rather than "prescribe".

Regarding the 11179 naming style change: If you could send a notice to
this listserv when that occurs, it would be great.

Thanks again,
Joe

Eliot Christian wrote:

> At 01:12 PM 7/21/2003 -0400, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
> >On Wednesday, 7/23/03, I will be presenting on "Core Components and
> >ebXML Registry" at the Federal CIO Council XML Registry Working Group
> >meeting [1]. I thought I'd share my presentation (attached) for the
> >benefit of those would would like to learn more about Core Components
> >and/or ebXML Registry v3.0.
>
> Hi Joseph
>
> We wouldn't want to imply that any particular naming convention
> is "prescribed" by ISO 11179. The point of an ISO 11179 semantic
> registry is that one can base interoperability on concepts and
> data element meanings rather than based on the names that happen
> to be given to data elements according to some lexical or syntactic
> convention. In fact, the ISO 11179 naming style you mention as in
> vogue at the moment will be changing soon:
>
> >From: "Gillman, Daniel - BLS" <Gillman.Daniel@bls.gov>
> >To: "'Eliot Christian'" <echristi@usgs.gov>
> >Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:40:55 -0400
> >[...] The approach to names in Part 5:1995 will be completely overhauled
> >in the next version.  The OC term.P term.RC term convention will no longer
> >be normative.
>
> Eliot
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano